Our mission is a joint home-school partnership that will promote leadership, critical thinking and life-long learning in a secure, healthy, all female environment by providing quality international programmes in education for students to achieve their potential as individuals as well as global citizens, with the emphasis of Arabic and Islamic values.
SCHOOL GUIDING PRINCIPLES
SHGS provides an environment that fosters understanding, independence, interdependence and cooperation. Within that context we believe that:
SHGS students appreciate:
- Arabic culture, language and literature;
- Developing personal values while appreciating the values of others;
- Valuing one’s own culture while understanding and demonstrating respect for the culture of others; and
- Understanding multiculturalism within a global society.
SHGS is a caring community that encourages students by example to:
- Share, cooperate and contribute responsibly to a global society;
- Develop sensitivity to appropriate work and social relationships consistent with the principle of equal rights, including gender equality;
- Display sound decision-making skills by reflecting on choices and consequences;
- Lead a positive, healthy life;
- Care for others as they would have others care for them;
- Share resources; and
- Build understanding and trust.
SHGS students strive for academic excellence by:
- Learning how to learn and discovering the joy of learning;
- Attaining depth and breadth of academic knowledge and understanding;
- Acquiring skills that support intellectual endeavour and academic success;
- Acquiring aesthetic appreciation;
- Understanding modern technologies and using them wisely and effectively; and
- Acquiring academic skills and knowledge required to gain entrance to and success at competitive local and international universities.
SHGS students benefit from an international education whereby they:
- Gain historic and contemporary knowledge and understanding of the world through intellectual endeavour;
- Acquire international understanding by studying and experiencing other cultures while, at the same time, acquiring knowledge of, and appreciation for, their own cultural heritage; and
- Maintain the fluency of their mother tongue while valuing the acquisition of other languages.
SHGS students are committed to the spirit of internationalism by:
- Demonstrating respect for human rights and for the principle of equal rights irrespective of race or gender;
- Practicing tolerance and living together in peace and developing skills for the peaceful resolution of conflict;
- Understanding their individual responsibilities within society and the relationship between rights and responsibilities; and
- Providing leadership that demonstrates an awareness of ethical and moral issues.